Holiday Cheer - Troll Tip for Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Proper

Khantent Recycler
Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Our own Detractor Police Waifu Mary Syfy had her house damaged due to Hurricane Ida.

Here is her Gofundme :

Big ups @Nigel of Ukip for this thread. You are a good lad mate.

Ana De Armas

Agent Joi
kiwifarms.net
There is the little princess trust that donate hair and make wigs for kids undergoing chemo.

You don't have to donate hair you can donate money that goes towards the cost of making a wig for them.

US Version of similar charity:

Ortsnay

So Zesty
kiwifarms.net
Here is a nice website which lists many charities to donate to(with info about said charities).

Last edited:

twattycake

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i would love to know how phil got a stimulus check
The only explanation which makes sense is that he and Kat filed a joint return. He makes about $120k/year, Kat makes about $15k/year, add them together and that is well over the $75,000 cutoff for an individual but well under the $150,000 cutoff for a couple. The eligibility was based on Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) which, based on my fifteen seconds of reading the IRS' website, is not reduced based on business expenses so this tells us nothing about just how much he deducts on his taxes. The only things which "count" against AGI are not applicable to Phil like student loans and retirement contributions.

To head off a few obvious questions: Phil had to file his returns on time even if he requested an extension or another payment plan rather than paying in full, the payment was made in March rather than January because his 2020 joint return made him eligible while his 2019 individual one did not, only the last check was re-assessed or adjusted based on 2020 returns, and I have no idea why they did not file jointly for 2019. Filing jointly is always cheaper under the Trump tax laws for a couple with Phil and Kat's income, even if our numbers are off by a bit, and his business expenses + complete lack of separation between personal and business assets does not change that.

Last edited:

Nigel of Ukip

Leader of the Exceptional Illuminati
kiwifarms.net
I am not a big fan of social charities. Ya, ya I know. But I like research. So with the pandemic going on. I will send a donation in support of research for lung related diseases.
To be fair that's why I didn't post any, because I want people to look for themselves and be happy with who they trust.
Good on you mate, that is a great cause.

Edit #1: I'm bloody exceptional. Thank you everyone for the help in this. You lot are ebin.

Last edited:

iNEEDthatMoney

kiwifarms.net
How many of those charities have 95% of all donations go to pay the CEO/employee's of said donations?
I found out this is the norm for all the large "charities".

There should be a site where they are legally forced into stating on how much the exact donations actually go to donations.

Blue Screen of Death

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not in a great position to give, but I just want to put it out there that it's nice to see that people are contributing a lot by linking to tons of different resources for charities and the like.
Lots of these, especially the ones geared around helping kids, do a lot of great work. Slight PL, but I remember being in a position where I've had to be on the side where the charity helped me and it really gave me a lot of faith in these organizations.

actually

Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How many of those charities have 95% of all donations go to pay the CEO/employee's of said donations?
I found out this is the norm for all the large "charities".

There should be a site where they are legally forced into stating on how much the exact donations actually go to donations.
CharityNavigator and the other site CharityWatch generally have information related to that based on the required paperwork charities have to file to maintain their non-profit status. Obviously still plenty of ways to manipulate it, but it at least gives some idea.

Edit: Also, my experience has been that smaller local charities don't tend to have this issue, provided they're run competently, so that could be another option vs. a national org.

nil

kiwifarms.net
I'd kinda like to make the point that there is no troll tipping, it's just tipping. Phil is a whore, he wants to get paid and doesn't care how he gets it, as long as it doesn't involve him getting up from his sofa. "Troll" tips fulfil that desire, they also lend credence to the idea that many people who watch his streams khantribute, rather than 90% of his income coming from a small number of wheelchairs.

hundredthousand

kiwifarms.net
I should donate to a charity in Phil's honor. I know it would piss him off when he gets that message "A donation has been made in your name..."

He wouldn't be able to show his true feelings and would have to act appreciative, but in his head he'd be thinking "Fucking cocksucker, I could have gotten 3 pulls with this money. You selfish piece of shit."

ReentryPhantom

Based
kiwifarms.net
I should donate to a charity in Phil's honor. I know it would piss him off when he gets that message "A donation has been made in your name..."

He wouldn't be able to show his true feelings and would have to act appreciative, but in his head he'd be thinking "Fucking cocksucker, I could have gotten 3 pulls with this money. You selfish piece of shit."
He can use it as a tax write-off!

PutridElephant

Lazy automated restreamer
kiwifarms.net
If you want to keep it in the detractor community, Mary Syfy has a gofundme running right now

EDIT: Oh, proper already put it above but boosting it again. It's pretty far from the goal.

Burner Anomaly

kiwifarms.net
There is a local toy drive where I grew up that I always give to around Christmas. When I was young my dad and I would collect spare change throughout the year and put it towards that (plus some amount of actual cash from dad). Every year I make a donation in my dad's name.

Cheers, and merry Christmas to all detractors across the globe. Thanks for starting this thread, @Nigel of Ukip.

Glowie

Terry Davis' inner voice
kiwifarms.net
I am legit curious If Phil is slimy enough to shit on kids with cancer or give them money instead to his mobile game addiction.

It wouldn't look good for Phil to sperg about kids with cancer getting his donation bux.

I'm guessing he has the stones to call children with terminal diseases trolls.

blahblahblah678

kiwifarms.net
I just saw the latest Camping With Steve YouTube video. Just three hours north of Phil in Abbotsford, British Columbia, they've suffered devastating flooding. Steve replaced his beer fund link with a link to the BC Red Cross to help with relief efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.