Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D, just don't thirstpost

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Ongoing DDoS attack. kiwifarms.ru may work better for now.

X-avier cuck

kiwifarms.net
Even back during her Senzawa days Gura would be inherently more tolerable as a natural born memer gremlin than Coco's forced edgy humor. She's also just more chill and pleasant to listen to. Coco overreacting to shitty memes or jokes and being obnoxiously loud about it is just not fun.

I wonder if Coco saw the writing on the wall with how EN was doing and decided to bail before her audience was cannibalized.
Idk, I can sort of see where you and Bob are coming from but I disagree.
IMO, the reason the dragon stuck out was because she was a Japanese woman with an American sense of humor which is incredibly rare and refreshing.
Sure, the pandemic and the virus that shall not be named played a role in Virtual YouTubers taking off but I think Coco acted as a great entry point into the medium for many because she wasn't a typical stereotype which added to the intrigue.
She caused a domino effect that directly led to the creation Myth which by extension cause people like me to find out about the voice actors behind the girls and become fans of said talents.
TLDR- In many ways she's the progenitor of what her English counterparts would become and if fans hadn't flocked to talents like Coco in the first place it's unlikely that Myth would have been presented as it is today.
You wouldn't have Mickey Mouse without Oswald so to speak

ChefKiss

Autism Sommelier
kiwifarms.net
honestly the mean girls shit from vshojo in an attempt to silence Nux looks even worse than failing to inform people.
Whatever ties they think they're hurting him by cutting, I guarantee every corpo manager is looking at this shitshow and just blacklisting both sides because they would never want to be in this kind of bullshit

kukkia

kiwifarms.net
Not quite sure how well it fits her, I don't speak moonrune so I don't know a lot about her besides the clips, but considering she featured on a RoughSketch track, there's probably something to that.

It does definitely fit with her taste in music and other media. In terms of her actual streaming personality she's not that edgy or anything. She's known mostly for coming off as more mature than she is. I've seen people joke about how she's a school girl (in terms of her character) with the personality and interests of an older guy (alcohol, cars, sports, etc). From what I've seen of her myself I'd say that she is someone who is pretty laid back and confident.

Hmmpf!

Heres your mandatory spooky avatar
kiwifarms.net

Caxiente Amos

kiwifarms.net
I know company unity is important but i am kinda disappointed with the vshojo girls. Attacking nux with YFU is a low blow.
YFU was mentioned in the digi video nux made but was not the main focus just a comparison with melody. Melody commission her model and YFU was hired by digi to use the model.

3 girls expressing their support for YFU kinda dismissed the fact that nux's video was him supporting melody.
They can hate him and cancel him for posting the video about doxxing but at least don't cancel him for supporting melody.
Screenshot_2021-11-25-18-31-03-22_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

Last edited:

Rhialtokourai

kiwifarms.net
Let me remind you that "Creative differences" is the worst possible public reason in media world. No wonder that some people assume the worst.
To me, the definitive proof that it was never entirely Coco's wish was learning from here that Botan cried on-stream.
As for her influence - newfag story time. Last year I knew that VTubers and Hololive existed but never got their appeal. But I distinctly remember how I reacted when someone told me she was graduating (he had to say "retiring").
"... Then who will do Meme Review?"
Even to me it felt like Hololive was losing their "face".

Re: Nux/VShojo - they're not the same inciting incident, but just imagine if Hololive and Coco were this unprofessional last year.

Anyway, it has been an exciting day or night.

Happy Turkey Day to all burgers. To all non-burgers, eat more anyway.

Jep21

kiwifarms.net
I never really was a fan of Coco's schtick - being edgy because she *gasp* swears and talks about lewd stuff! Maybe I'm too much of a boomer, but that does nothing for me and in fact just gets grating after a while when that's all you bring to the table. So innovative! As I said before, pretty much the same reason I don't really watch or like Kiara or Calli, because it seems like they slip into that category a lot of the time too (ok maybe not the lewd stuff with Calli, at least she stays away from that trap and has been improving in general the past few months). So the pedestal Coco gets put on as being this huge progenitor of EN vtubing where everyone circlejerks about her also gets annoying. I think she was just at the right place and the right time to be at the beginning of the EN vtubing boom and it would have kicked off and grown huge with or without her, and she gets way too much credit for it.
Mori only swears when she gets angry at the game and doesn't use it as her schtick.
Which is interesting because Coco is her inspiration but she doesn't really act like her.

ChefKiss

Autism Sommelier
kiwifarms.net
Eh, outside of /vt/ and the farms most people are taking VShojo's side. I doubt this will have any negative impact to them in regards to their relationship with other vtubing companies.

dumb people are easily manipulated by this shit, managers not so much. They're doing the Zoe Quinn routine and it's so fucking tiresome

Papa stink

kiwifarms.net
I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but do you think they've been waiting for an opportunity like this? The Vshojo girls are trying to appeal to both vtuber corporations/fans and the Twitch crowd. Nux has associated with people that have iffy reputations in general and bad ones in the latter (i.e mumkey, leafy, and other edgy commentators). I know Nux and the people I mentioned aren't exactly Alex Jones but in the modern-day internet, anything or anyone slightly going against the norm is demonized along with anyone supporting it.

Girlboy69

I'm so sorry this happened to you queen.
kiwifarms.net
People on Reddit basically shitting on Nux. Nux isn't the real fucking point in all of this, the point is Vshojo knew for a month that someone was using their name to phish information from indies for use in swatting and they hid it, never even posting a vague "by the way" PSA.

If you're sucking Nux's cock in all of this, you're a fucking retard. Likewise, if you're in the camp actually believing the video puts Vshojo talent in danger you're even more retarded.

Nyanners, Melody, Mouse, Veibae, Froot, Hime, Silvervale... None of these people were threatened by this incident, indies were. If you are an indie and you're reading this, Vshojo doesn't give a single fuck about you or your safety. Vshojo only cares about obfuscating the fact that their hesitation could have gotten you or your indie friends scared shitless at best and killed at worst. Vshojo isn't your fucking friend and you should neither count on them nor praise them.

You should absolutely criticize the talent going along with covering this up. The Vshojo talent isn't going to fuck you because you blindly agree with them.

Angry, pre-coffee rant over.

RX-78NT-1 Alex Gundam

The Autist who unironically studied Klingon
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2749430
View attachment 2749436

I don't wanna clown on her because she apparently was a victim of the VShojo doxxing but Jesus fuxking Christ

>takes Nux's side and claims VShojo never did anything to help the victims after she allegedly contacted them about being sent a fake Vshojo Email
>spergs out on Gunrun and Vshojo for their lack of support towards the victims
>turns out she asked her discord (mods I guess) to message VShojo for her regarding her situation
>HER DISCORD DIDN'T ACTUALLY SEND THE FUCKING EMAIL
>complete 180° and is now trying to get on the good side of VShojo again
This is why you should never trust what a woman says at face value. Especially when they're emotional
I wonder if anyone even bothered archiving it lol I didn't because it didn't really have any info in it that hasn't been spelled out ad nauseum in Twitter drama.

Tbh it's moments like this that I think the way Cover does it with their autistic level of control might have some advantages.

Well, Melody did laugh at Noble for being a manlet, so maybe he'll pull a bros before hoes
Vshojo is an excellent argument for why the weird Nip Autist way Cover manage their girls is the right way to do it. Who'd have thought a group comprised of fem-tripfags, cam whores, and Tumblr users would cause drama on a whim?

Other than EVERYBODY, I mean.
I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but do you think they've been waiting for an opportunity like this? The Vshojo girls are trying to appeal to both vtuber corporations/fans and the Twitch crowd. Nux has associated with people that have iffy reputations in general and bad ones in the latter (i.e mumkey, leafy, and other edgy commentators). I know Nux and the people I mentioned aren't exactly Alex Jones but in the modern-day internet, anything or anyone slightly going against the norm is demonized along with anyone supporting it.
You may be on to something. This reeks of mean girls trying to take out a rival.

danny jr

kiwifarms.net
To me, the definitive proof that it was never entirely Coco's wish was learning from here that Botan cried on-stream.
As for her influence - newfag story time. Last year I knew that VTubers and Hololive existed but never got their appeal. But I distinctly remember how I reacted when someone told me she was graduating (he had to say "retiring").
"... Then who will do Meme Review?"
Even to me it felt like Hololive was losing their "face".
Everyone remembers what they were doing when the Twin Towers fell Coco's graduation was announced.

Scuttle

rooby rooten
kiwifarms.net
I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but do you think they've been waiting for an opportunity like this?

The possibility is non-zero but if the opportunity to crush Nux comes from Nux's well-documented inability to shut his mouth then that ultimately falls on him.

If he has the messages that tell him to post the video then he should post it and give himself some leverage, but as he carefully mentions in his video, this particular conversation just-so-happened to be a phone call which obviously can't be screenshotted.

creamy cookies

spiral tones
kiwifarms.net
People on Reddit basically shitting on Nux. Nux isn't the real fucking point in all of this, the point is Vshojo knew for a month that someone was using their name to phish information from indies for use in swatting and they hid it, never even posting a vague "by the way" PSA.
i basically said this same thing to some acquaintances of mine, because basically everyone other than me was blaming nux blindly without the whole picture. when i pointed out it's merely logical for vshojo to at least put out a word of warning i got claims of "oh, you just really hate the girls/you're jealous of them"

ain't my fault both sides are attention-whoring retards in this, i have no bone in this slapfight other than to point and laugh tbh

(iIivVvbBb-iIimMmvVv)

'. . .so that the strong should not harm the weak'
kiwifarms.net
In all of this, I find it absolutely hillarious that I actually just got emails from Black Rifle Coffee Co. and bank about phishing/impersonation attempts to elicit private information. I severely doubt the BRCC dudes are watching this drama, so I take it as further evidence that this really is the common practice for any entity regardless of investigation status.

Papa stink

kiwifarms.net
You may be on to something. This reeks of mean girls trying to take out a rival.
Thinking about it more it doesn't even have to be motivated by guilt by association. Nux has been known for raiding and messing with streamers and over the past two years, more twitch streamers have started to complaining and grandstanding about harassment. Vshojo and other vtubers hanging around a youtuber who's gained notoriety for sending his fans to fuck with other streamers could bite them in the ass and jeopardize potential collabs and sponsor deals.